Welcome Back Crafty Friends!
Today we are using the 2026 August Mixed Media Kit which features fun modeling clay with using a texture maker mat to design your clay. I walk you step by step on how to use all the items inside the kit. After we finish preparing the clay we decorate each canvas with delicate heart, dried bouquet jar ephemera, and painted chipboard pieces. In addition to the embellishments we add we will apply metallic paint and some perfect pearl powders to the raised clay texture.
To begin grab half or about 3/4 of the modeling clay from your bag and knead it in your hand for a bit, then roll out until it's large enough to place the texture mat on top, as shown below. spray a bit of water on top of the clay before placing the texture mat on top of the clay. Lay down the mat and roll it down into the clay until you feel the pattern is set on top of the clay.
*****View video for more details*****
Once your done gently lift one end and pull off gently. The water will help pull off the mat.
Here is the pattern we created. Don't worry about the water you can gently pat with a paper towel.
Next get adhesive, I used mod podge, apply to the top of your canvas.
Place the textured clay on top of the canvas and gently pat down to adhere to the canvas. After you place down the clay, check for any excess clay hanging over and cut away.
*****View video for more details*****
Follow the same steps for creating the second canvas.
After your clay dries a bit, you can use perfect pearls, paints or distress inks to color up your clay background. I used distress stain antique bronze, perfect pearls cappuccino, lindy's
gang glitzy magical gleaming gold.
*****View video for more details*****
I used the same inks and powders for the yellow mat as well.
Next I used some of the ephemera pieces fussy cut from the 2026 August Scrapbook Kit. I also used the resin piece as well painted with the distress stain and then wiped off to create a weathered look.
*****View video for more details*****
For the yellow piece, adhere the clay textured mat on top of the canvas with adhesive. I also used some paints from previous kits to paint the chipboard pieces. Adhered down on top of the textured mat.
*****View video for more details*****
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial, as we created beautiful handmade layered canvas using modeling clay from the 2026 August Mixed Media Kit. We applied metallic stain and powders on top of the texture clay mats to create a beautiful background. Used paper ephemera and chipboard to create a beautiful piece of canvas art.
For more details on this and all project you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page.
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store.
Until next time, keep curating those beautiful memories. ~Deb
Please stop by our Facebook page to see what new items our design team has created using our monthly kits.
You can always post your projects on Tres Jolie FB page - Tres Jolie Club Cafe.








No comments:
Post a Comment