Followers

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Victorian Gold Shabby Chic Canvas

 Good Morning everyone, 

Today I am so excited to share with my newest project using the August Mixed Media Kit, I really like how this canvas turned out I hope you all like as well. For this canvas we also used a few ephemera flowers from the August Card Kit. I have the video tutorial for you below along with the link to what kits I used. 


                         August 2024 Mixed Media Kit                         


To start out place mod podge on front of the canvas.
   

Next place down the rice paper. I tore off the vintage lady from the right hand corner. We are going to use her as our focal point. When you place the rice paper on the canvas tear of the edges.


With the rice paper that is left over from tearing it off from the canvas use it to fill in the white area on the canvas. You may have a little white space left but the frame should cover that white space, see photo below.


Here is a photo of how the frame will cover up the white space. Do not adhere yet.


Next take off the black metal pieces from the back of the canvas. 


First I painted the frame with the pink paint from the Mixed Media Kit. 
Next I used Paint Couture Texture Crust mixed with the antique gold paint and spread around the frame using the script stencil from the June 2024 Mixed Media Kit.


To create the middle frame with the Victorian lady, I took the cardboard packaging that came with the corner pieces. Cut that cardboard piece down to 3 inches, then paint with the pink paint. Once the paint dries adhere the rice paper image down, add to layers of foam tape on the back.


Next with the Paint Couture texture crust mixed with the antique gold and apply to the sides of the frame and the canvas. Once dried add a little of the antique gold to the edge of the frame in various places. For the corner pieces paint with the antique gold. 



While the frame and canvas are drying I applied a little bit of the Amazon(green) paint to the edges of the cardboard. Then I went back over it and very lightly applied a bit of gold. 


Here is a clos up of the little cardboard with the amazon (green) and a little bit of the gold paint around the Victorian Lady. 
Next adhere down the frame using your glue and then place down the Victorian Lady down in the center. To adhere down corner pieces I used some wood glue but you could use other glue or whatever you have on hand. For the last item I used a few of the ephemera flowers from the Card, Tag and More Kit down in the right hand corner. 


I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial, remember I have the video tutorial for your convenience. I had a great time using this months August Mixed Media Kit to create this beautiful Victorian Gold Shabby Canvas. I really like how this turned out and enjoyed using everything in the Mixed Media Kit. I hope you felt inspired to create this canvas or a project using this amazing Mixed Media Kit for August. Don't forget to post your project on our Facebook Group Page, link is down below.
 For more details you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page. 
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment