Followers

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Oceans of Fun Mini Chipboard 8x8 Album

 Good Day everyone, 

It's Debbie here today with a cute summer 8x8 chipboard album. With summer coming to a close and school getting ready to start. I decided to end August with a cute Summer type ocean/swimming theme using the Clear Scraps Chipboard 8x8 3 tabbed album. I've been wanting to create this album using this paper along with this Chipboard album and I figured this would be a perfect way to end the summer. I hope you enjoy the step by step tutorial and gain some inspiration for your albums. You can always click on the name of the product and go directly to the store.

                                                            Chipboard 8x8 3 tabbed album

To begin your album place double back tape adhesive to each chipboard piece front and back prior to covering the chipboard mini album pages, unless you are using glue adhesive than do one page at a time.


Here is the one of my chipboard pieces covered and I punched the holes before covering the back of the chipboard page. 


Here are few of the chipboard pieces covered with my pattern paper. 
You will also need to get some metal rings to place through the holes in the mini album. 


Below shows a photo mat I place on the front of the first tabbed page. 
The photo mat measures 4 1/2 x 5 inches.


This page is the back of 2nd tabbed page which has a large flap measuring 7 x 7 1/2 with a 
scored 1/2 inch on the top. 
For the front of the 3rd tabbed page I created 3 small flaps 4 x 3 1/2 inches and scored a 1/2 inch on the 3 inch side. Adhered these down horizontally, you can adhere down vertically as well. You can see more details on my video tutorial. 


For the back page I created a pocket out of the pattern paper I was using, and cut along the curves of the waves on the page. 


Here we are to the fun Mini Shaker Flip Flops. You'll receive 1-acetate piece, 3-frames, 1-back piece.
Glue 2 of the frames together, take the film off both sides of the acetate piece and adhere to the 2 frames you just adhered together. 
The one frame you have left paint or do what ever you would like, and also paper or paint the back piece.  


Here is what I created with these super cute Mini Shaker Flip Flops. I painted yellow, added some glitter on top, papered the back and added the cute little pearl flowers on top of the flip flops. I added my little shaker bits. When gluing together be sure to really burnish everything down. 


Down below I have photos of all the pages I finished decorating with the paper collection. I wanted to share how you can add flips and flaps to these chipboard pages and even add large pockets. 
On the left hand inside page I added two flaps one opens up to left and the other opens up to the right. I did lay down some photo mats behind these. I also cut a little slit following the curve of the blue mermaid flap to create a pocket. 
On the right hand side page, page 2, this is the photo mat I shared above and here it is decorated with some cute stickers from the paper collection. 

Behind the 2nd page, backside, I created two mini pocket flaps that open up, one to the left side and one to the right side. Each one is a pocket using the small cut-a-part card images. The 3rd page to the right hand side is a large pocket that holds a booklet that hold many more photos for 4x6 photos or larger. I have closer of these two pages down below. 

Here is a closer view of the backside of page 2 with the two little flap pockets that open up to each side. I place photo mats behind them, I didn't add magnets to these but you can if you'd like.  You can see in each pocket is a little card inside to add a photo or journal.


Here is a closer view of the front of the 3rd page. You can see the little booklet can slide in and out and you can can large photos or small photos. In this booklet I did add a couple of the cut-a-part cards for journaling. 


Here is the back of page 3 and front of page 4. 
For the back of page 3 I have a large flap. (measurements above) I placed a pocket on the front with a couple of cut-a-part cards inside. Photos below of the inside of the page when flap is opened.
 For the front of page 4 I decorated the little flaps I created and coved the front and back of each on with pattern paper.


Here is what I placed behind the flap. It's a little book adhered to the inside and opens up. I did place a magnet down so the booklet would stay closed. You can see more details of this in video tutorial


Here is the inside when the flap is up I added a large 4x6 mat and decorated.


Now we are on the last pages. Here is behind page 4, which is photo mat and a couple of little mermaids and some little fish with some cute sentiments on the page. 
Now for the last page, which is the back of the book is the pocket I created and inside I placed about 5 of the cut-a-part cards inside for photos or journaling or you could have another booklet placed inside the pocket. 

For the last photo is front of the album. I just think this turned out so cute. I really love the mini shaker flip flops aren't they just adorable on top of the 8x8 Chipboard Mini Album. For Now I left my little tabs blank until I place some photos inside, 


I  hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. I really like how this little summer themed 8x8 Mini Chipboard Album came out, I really think adding the Mini Shaker Flip Flops added a really cute & fun embellishment to the front. With these chipboard albums you can really let your creativity fly and these are so versatile you can use them to create so many things. 
Click here to check out more of the Chipboard Mini Albums that are in the shop. There so many to check out.  
Thanks for joining me today.
Happy Crafting my Friends, 


Join us one facebook and instagram for more inspiration. 

https://www.facebook.com/ClearScraps

https://www.instagram.com/clearscraps/


No comments:

Post a Comment