Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Interactive Mom Birthday Card and Gift Bag

 Hi all, 

Hi everyone, Today's tutorial is a bit different as I'm sharing a gift bag and a unique interactive birthday card I created for my daughters birthday. My granddaughter had asked me to create a card she had seen on a video and so we worked on this card together. I hope you enjoy todays video. The music that goes to this is by Meghan Trainor named Mom. It is a super cute song. You can check my video tutorial for more details.


To get started on the gift bag, I just took a bag I had in my stash  and now we are going to alter it with the items from the Scrapbooking kit. The bag is from shopping at Parks Coffee, if you've not tried their coffee it's really good. lol  Cut you paper down to the size of the bag you have unless you would like a border, I left a 1/8 inch border. I distressed the edges of my pattern paper and then adhered on top of the bag. And now you can decorate.


Here is how I decorated the front of my bag. I fussy cut out the words and birthday banner from the paper collection. I adhered some faux flowers from my stash and the butterflies. I added more items later.



Now for the Birthday Card. 
For the card base you will cut one piece at 6 inches (not 6 1/2) by 8 1/2 inches, score 1/2 inch on left side of the 6 inch across the scoreboard. Fold one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock in half. 


Next adhere the 6 x 8 1/2 inch piece inside the card. Placing adhesive to the 1/2 inch scored piece.


Next I used oxide inks on the flower pattern paper, as shown below, inking the paper with colors that coordinated with the paper.


I then added the flowers I fussy cut from the paper collection and added the birthday sentiment, along with some other items from my stash. 


Here is the front of the card decorated. 


Now for the inside portion of this card. The words are lyrics to a song by Meghan Trainor named Mom. It is a cute song. My granddaughter saw a video and asked me if I would help her create the card she saw in the video. So I typed out a few of the lyrics and printed them out and then cut them. 
On the right hand page we created a  little bomb that opens up and pulls back together, and the hand page has a heart that lifts upwards. You can see more details on the video on how I created these pages.


On the next page we had to create a slider. So I cut a piece of paper of that is 3 1/2 x 5 inches and in the middle I traced a 1x 4 1/4 inch area to cut out as this will be a window. 
After cutting out the window place foam tap on the back 


Next cut out a strip that is 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches to slide in and out of the window. Next add some foam tape to end of the strip on the left side and add a flower or an image this will be the stopper when you slide it over. You can view more details on my video tutorial.  


Next I arranged the remailing words and added some ephemera from the card kit and adhered down my words above the slider.
The last page we added a little flap with the remaining words and adhered a photo of my granddaughter with my daughter underneath. 



Here is what both finished items look like. I really like this paper collection as the paper has some beautiful colors and perfect for backgrounds for this card or any card. Both of these just turned out nice and my daughter just loved her card and the gift bag. 



I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial, remember I have the video tutorial for your convenience. I had a great time using this months August Scrapbook Kit, you really get a ton of fun crafty stuff inside. I am really pleased on how the card turned out and the  beautiful gift bag brings a smile to anyone's face when receiving a gift from you.  I hope you felt inspired to create an altered gift bag or birthday card using this month August Scrapbook Kit. 

Don't forget to post your project on our Facebook Group Page, link is down below.
 For more details you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page. 
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment