Followers

Thursday, July 4, 2024

3 Fun Interactive Cards for Tres Jolie

 Hi everyone, 

Today I created a couple of fun interactive cards I would would be great using July 2024 Card, Tag, and More Kit along with using a pearl ex powder from the Mixed Media Kit by Tres Jolie. Down below I have the kits and links and a video tutorial on how I created each card. Enjoy.


           Card, Tag, and More Kit                                                  Mixed Medi Kit

     



Card 1

To start using one of smaller cards first. In the middle cut two little lines about 3/4 inches as shown below. Pop the little step inside the card. 



Next on a pattern paper butt it up to the score line on the inside and draw lines with a pencil that match with the lines cut.


Next cut the lines and fit over the little step. Use this piece as a template to cut a little notch from the mat for the bottom inside of the card. 


Next I heat embossed one of the chipboard butterflies. I used the versa-magic pink grapefruit ink and clear embossing powder. This will be adhered to the inside of the little step. 


Here is a photo of the inside of the card. I did fussy cut out a lot of the cut-a-parts that are in the paper collection. 

When covering the front of the card be sure not to place any adhesive to the opening part of the card, just the folded areas. Here is the outside of the card. I used my own sentiments and hearts from my stash and I used stickles on the flowers.
Card 2
This Card is super easy and so fun. From the bottom of the card come up 2 1/2 inches and in 3/4 inches on each side make a tick mark. Next draw a diagonal line from the 3/4 inch mark to the corner of the card on each side. Next from the 3/4 inch mark go 1 inch and make another tick mark and draw a diagonal line as shown below. These are the legs and should be about 1 inch. 


Cut a strip at 8 1/2 x 1 inches score at 3 1/2, 4 1/8, 7 5/8, 8 1/4 inches. 
Cut 2 pieces 1/2 x 4 inches score 1/4 inch on each side for both pieces. 


Next glue in the little 1/4 inch flaps to the middle of the scored area shown below 


Adhere the other 1/4 inch flaps to the other end. 


Now adhere the little end piece to the end of the box and you now have your flower box. 


Now you can decorate and use the pieces from the cut out page to decorate the inside of the flower box. I used the pretty border die from the Card Kit. The sentiment is from my stash. The video tutorial has a little more detail as I did add some butterflies attached to some small pieces of acetate. 


Card 3

Take the largest card from the Card kit and fold both ends inward towards the score line, be sure to burnish down. 


Cut 4 pieces 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches


Fold 2 pieces into a triangle, as shown below.


Next take the triangle pieces and adhere them into one of the other 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch squares with the folded sides butted up against one another. Shown below


Slide the triangles inbetween the card flaps, as this is our closure. 
Adhere the remaining 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece on top of triangles. 


Use the other chipboard butterfly from the Card Kit. I took the green Pearl Ex from the Mixed Media Kit and mixed with some Clear Embossing powder from my stash. Ink with your versa mark and place the butterfly into the mixed powder and heat with heat tool. 
This gives you a really pearl look to the butterfly. 


Here is the card finished. I matted the inside and outside using the paper collection from the Card Kit. I also used the border die to frame the inside of the diamond closure. I added some flat back pearls from my stash on the outside of the border and on the middle of the butterfly. I then added some of the flowers from the Card Kit on top using glue dots and adhered the butterfly in the middle. 


I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. I had a great time using the Card, Tag and More Kit along with the Pearl Ex from the Mixed Media Kit. All three of these cards turned out great. 
 For more details you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page. 
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment