Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Happy Father's Day Cards - Megaphone Shaker and Chipboard Helm and Anchor

Happy June everyone, 

It's a new month which means new projects using Clear Scraps products. I have created some fun Father's Day Cards using some great pieces from Clear Scraps. When I saw the Megaphone in the online shop I new exactly what I wanted to create with it and same with the Chipboard Helm and Anchor. I was just so excited. I hope you enjoy the step by step tutorial today. 

Here are the products and links for these fun Father's Day Cards. 

Chipboard Helm and Anchor                              Mini Shaker Megaphone

             


Card 1 - Megaphone
Here are the measurements for Card 1 as it is a Pop-up Gatefold Card.
For this you will cut cardstock at 5 1/2 x 8 inches.
Score with 8 inches along the top of the score board at 2, 4, 6 inches. Place the cardstock in the trimmer at 1 1/4 inches and cut from 1 to 7 1/2 inches slide to 4 1/4 inches and cut again from 1 to 7 1/2 inches. You should have 2 slits now. Next place the cardstock back on your score board and Score 3 1/2 and 5 inches.

Next trace the back piece of the megaphone onto a piece of pattern paper and cut out, and adhere to the megaphone. You then want to adhere two of the megaphone frames together, then remove the film from the acetate and adhere the acetate on top of the frames you just adhered together. The last frame you can paint, or color in with markers or any thing you would like, then adhere on top of the acetate. 


Next add in your shaker bits and adhere the entire megaphone pieces together. 
Be sure to burnish down well. 


Here is a close up of the megaphone placed on the middle panel of the card. I added Happy Day in gold stickers from my stash. . 


Here is the finished card. I layered my panels on the sides and I also added panels on the back. You can decorate you card how ever you'd like. 


Card 2 - Chipboard Helm and Anchor

For Card 2 it's super easy to create. This is a single step card. 
Cut cardstock at 5 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches. Score at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 4 1/4, 6, and 8 1/4 inches. 
Fold and burnish.


Next we are going to decorate the chipboard pieces using gold leaf, this is a light weight paper that is flaky and sticks to the adhesive. We are going to use the chipboard frame from the helm and anchor. Place some glue on the anchor first. 


Next place down the gold leaf on top of the adhesive and keep adding it as you apply the adhesive down. Once you finished simply just peel of the sides that overlap the chipboard. It tears off easily. 


Do this for the frame and anchor as well. I paint the helm with black gesso, I did the front and back. I then added the gold leaf around the middle. Let them dry. 


Next I cut panels and adhered them to the spaces that will show, you can also add panels to the back if you'd like. 


Next I adhered on the frame in the back, anchor and helm. I also stamped a sentiment in the front of the card next to the helm. Since the frame is on the back of the card and it is a bit heavy I added a little stopper. 


Here is the the stopper. simply cut a 1/2 x 2 inch piece and fold each end about 1/2 inches in and then fold in the middle. Adhere each end to the inside of of the card, as shown, it kind of looks like a "W". 



Here is what the finished card looks like. I think this looks so cool. I have not done a card like this before so I think my vision of this card turned out really good. 




I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial sharing how to create wonderful Father's Day Cards using some of Clear Scraps chipboard and shaker products. I just had so much fun creating these. 
As always Thank You for joining me today. 
Happy Crafting my Friends, 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment