Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Butterfly Dream Canvas for Tres Jolie

 Hi everyone, 

I hope you are having a great day. Today I have a colorful and beautiful Butterfly Canvas for you. I created this canvas using the June 2024 Mixed Media Canvas from Tres Jolie. 

I have video tutorial down below for your convenience.


     June 2024 Mixed Media Kit                                     June 2024 Scrapbooking Kit

                 


If you have the Mixed Media KitMixed Media Kit we will be using the canvas, stencil and the modeling paste that come inside the Mixed Media KitMixed Media Kit


Place the stencil on top of the canvas and spread the modeling paste on the stencil, as shown below. 


Once you are done spreading the modeling paste take off the stencil and wash the stencil right away. Set the canvas aside to dry for a few hours or you can use the heat tool but be sure to lightly dry the canvas do not get the heat tool close to the modeling paste or it will melt the paste. 


After your canvas dries place some of the finnabair carmine paint on top of the canvas and spray with water so the paint runs and easy to spread around with the brush. You can also dab with paper towels.


below you can see the carmine paint and I used paper towels to blot. Next I added some of the Ochre to the canvas and spritzed some water on it and spread around around. 


Here is what the finished canvased look like after I dabbed with paper towels. Let dry or you can lightly dry with the heat tool. 


I fussy cut the large butterfly out from the Scrapbooking Kit, the paper collection is by Uniquely Creative. Adhere the butterfly to the canvas. I did fussy cut out the extra flowers and adhered some on the bottom. 


I adhered down the word DREAM using the letters from the ephemera pack in the Scrapbooking Kit ephemera pack in the Scrapbooking Kit. I then cut out some flowers from the 2nd 12x12 pattern paper with the large butterfly from the paper pack. 


I placed foam tape on the back of the flowers. 


Adhere the flowers down. I think this gives the flowers a nice 3D look. 


Here is the finial Butterfly Canvas . I added one of the little round stickers in the right hand corner from the sticker sheet that comes in the Scrapbooking Kit. I like the simplicity and elegance of  this canvas. It really comes together quick and makes an excellent home decor in a hallway or bathroom or bedroom wall. Would make a nice gift for a friend.
I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. I had a great time using both the June 2024 Mixed Media Kit  and  June 2024 Scrapbooking Kit to create this beautiful and colorful Butterfly Canvas for you all.  For more details you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page. 
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment