Followers

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Mother's Day Shimmer Vintage Tags

Good Day My Crafting Friends, 

I hope you all had a great Easter weekend with family and friends. Now that spring is here and we have celebrated Easter we now move into Mother's Day mode, right. This year hubby and I decided to have our Christmas stay up and decorate it for each holiday. We have done Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter it has been fun to see what we come up with for each holiday. For Mother's Day I saw how someone had decorated their tree with photo's of all the Mom's in their family and I thought that would be a great idea. So this project I will be decorating the Tags from the April 2024 Mixed Media Kit along with using some items from the April 2024 Card, Tag and More Kit

For more details on how I created these beautiful Mother's Day Tag you can view the process video below. 



    April 2024 Card, Tag and More Kit                           April 2024 Mixed Media Kit

             

To begin I traced all three of the large chipboard tags from the Mixed Media Kit onto the canvas and cut them all out.  


Next I sprinkled the cosmic shimmer shaker colors over the canvas and then sprayed some water on top. The water will allow the shimmer to activate to create a watercolor effect. 


Keep sprinkling the powder on the canvas and spray water when you need to get the desired look you want. Here is my first tag done. When you are finished let the canvas dry for at least a few hours before adhering to the chipboard. 


Here is another way to apply the cosmic shimmer shakers to the canvas resist. Place some water down and sprinkle in the water and mix and apply with a small paint brush as you see below. You can still spray with water in areas you would like to blend or you can blend with your brush. 


Here is the 3rd tag I created using the paint brush method. The canvas is so fun and turned out so cool I love them. 


For all three tags I used the photo inserts from the Card, Tags and More Kit and adhered them to the middle of the tag. Be sure to add double back tape to the back of the photo insert to secure it to the tag.  I will be adding photos to them. Next I also used the ephemera from the Card Kit to decorate the tag. 


Here are the finished tags. I placed photos of all three of my daughters with their kids. I just love how these turned out. with the canvas background and using the beautiful Couture Creations ephemera from the Card Kit they turned out beautiful. I also used the Say it with Crystals. The lace and ribbons are from my stash. 


I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. For more details you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page. 
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment