Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Mother's Day Stair Cards

 Hello Crafty friends,

Glad you are here with me today. I'm in Mother's Day mode and so I have a couple of fun Mother's Day Stair cards for you today. I have a step by step tutorial below but I have the video tutorial for you that will show you more details. For these cards I used the April 2024 Card, Tag and More Kit. This has beautiful paper and ephemera by CoutureCreations. 

Here is the video tutorial.



April 2024 Card, Tag and More Kit


Card #1

To start off I have the diagram of the stair card for below. This shows where to make your tick marks so you can draw lines to create your stairs. The picture on the right side shows that I created another card and cut it in order to trace the side of the stairs and back of the flap of the stair to trace on pattern paper to cover the card. 

        Template 1                                            Template 2

    

To start off cut cardstock at 6 x 11 inches; Score at 4 1/4 inches. 
Next make a tick mark at 5 1/2 and 7 inches.


Next turn your ruler vertical place the ruler on the 5 1/2 inch tick mark and draw line down 1 1/2 inches; next to the same with have the ruler at the 7 inch tick mark draw a line down 1 1/2 inches. 


Connect the 1 1/2 inch lines by drawing a line across. 
Next place the ruler on the bottom left corner  with the 5 1/2 inch mark on the ruler on the line and make a tick mark at 6 inches and at 7 1/2 inches. Draw a small line to the 7 1/2 inch tick mark.  


Turn your ruler vertical place the ruler, draw a line 1 1/2 inches down from the 6 inches and the 7 1/2 inches. Next place your ruler in to the bottom of the lines and connect them. 
Now place the ruler with 6 inches from the ruler on the bottom corner of the line make a tick mark at 6 1/2 and 8 inches. (Shown below and video tutorial)


Again turn your ruler vertical and draw a line down 1 1/2 inches from the 6 1/2 inches and 8 inches. Connect the lines again to create a square. Set the ruler with the 6 1/2 inches in the bottom corner make a tick mark at the 7 inches and 8 1/2 inches. Turn the ruler vertical and drawn a line down to the bottom of the card as shown below. 


Next cut all the horizontal lines. I used my xacto knife to cut from one end line to the other end. 


Now we use the scoreboard to score the vertical lines we drew. If they score lines don't match up exactly with the drawn lines try to get as close as you can. Some of mine did not match up exactly but were pretty close to the line. 


Next fold the 4 1/4 inch score line inward. The stair fold outward and the back flap/panel fold inward as well. 


Next cut another piece of cardstock 6 x 11 inches this is going to be the cover for the stairs. So place adhesive to the back panel and match up the ends.


Next match up the front panel to the card base/cover and adhere. 


This is how your card should stand. 


Here is what my card looks like papered. Again to get the front stair and back panel of the stairs cut out make another card and cut out the panels to trace on pattern paper. (refer to video tutorial)
For this card I used the pretty floral paper with the music notes. I just love how this turned out. 


For the card I did some fussy cutting of the pretty scalloped lace and used the Mother's Day sentiments inside the paper collection. I also used the beautiful ephemera pieces to decorate the outside and inside of the card. 


Here is the inside all decorated. I like how I created the beautiful bouquet of flowers on the left side panel and added some that trail up the sides of the stairs. I added another sentiment from the paper pack. I added the letter  Luv U on the stairs and outlines with gold stickles. I also added in some of the "say with crystals" from the kit. 





Card #2

For card #2 cut your cardstock at 11 x 6 3/4 inches; Score at 3, 4 1/2, 6 and 7 1/2 inches. Mark these measurements on your cardstock.

Next fold at the 6 inches, place your ruler at the top of the fold and make tick marks at the 1/2, 1 3/4, 2, 3 1/4, 
3 1/2, 4 3/4, 5, and 6 1/4 inches.
Fold at the 4 inch score line and Do the same tick marks as above.


Next connect the tick marks by drawing a line across from the one dot to the other as shown below. 


Next cut directly on those lines. Once your done cutting the small cuts get pushed to the back and the larger cuts come forward.


This is how your card should look once your done. Now it's time for my favorite part, to decorate our stair card. 


Here is the front of the stair card. I just love this green pattern paper with the pink cardstock and I also added some white glitter paper as the back panel. Again I added the Mother's Day sentiments along with some of the floral ephemera. 


Here is the card folded out. I added some fold letters from my stash and one of the cute charms from the kit to the card. 


I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. For more details you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page. 
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment