Followers

Monday, April 15, 2024

Fun Shaker Card and Wand for Spring

 Hello My Crafty Peeps,

I hope you all are doing well and hopefully you are having some nice Spring weather now. Today I wanted to share with you a fun way to create a beautiful card using a fun Mushroom Shaker and Butterfly Shaker from Clear Scraps. I hope you are ready cause these are gonna be some show stoppers for birthdays, weddings, baby shower or any occasion you have this year. 

Let's get started, below I have a phot of what we will be using along with the links above the photo. Just click on the name and you'll be directed to the product at Clear Scraps. 

     Mushroom Shaker                                           Butterfly Shaker

         


#1 Shaker Card

To get started you will have 3 frames, a full piece which is the mushroom backing and an acetate piece which is the mushroom top that adheres to the frames.
Adhere two of the frames together and adhere the acetate piece to the top of the frames. 


In this photo I traced the top of the mushroom on my pattern paper then I adhered glitter glass to the top frame of the mushroom and adhered that to the acetate. 


Place you shaker bits inside and cover with the frames of the mushroom topper. For the bottom I did use dark wood glamour gel with paste and then used a fork to make my lines in the mushroom. 


I created my card from as this will an easel card. I placed my mushroom shaker in the middle. 


Here is the finished card front. I just love how this turned out with the wonderful mushroom shaker. 



#2 Shaker Wand

For this next project I am so excited to with how cute this came out. I absolutely love this wand and will probably be making more of them. I hope y'all like it too.

To begin you will cut two strips of pattern paper at 2 1/2 inches by 12; score 1/2 inch all the way down the strip. Then bend the scored lines back and forth like an accordion. 


Adhere ends together and then lay it flat out so its round, punch out a circle and adhere to the back and glue the center of the rosette. 


Next you will need a wooden dowel and cover with ribbon and use hot glue to adhere on the back and place another punched circle over it. You can decorate the back if you'd like.


Next put together the butterfly shaker the same as the mushroom shaker above. 
I added pink glass glitter to the frame that is on top of the butterfly shaker. 


I finished decorating it around the butterfly shaker with the flowers and little fairies I fussy cut from the paper collection I used. I also added on the back of the butterfly an action wobble which allows the butterfly to bounce and sway back and forth. 


Here are both the Mushroom Shaker card and the Butterfly Shaker Wand.
I just love how both of these turned out. Just so fun full spring and happiness. 


I hope you enjoyed todays step by step tutorial. Creating both of these was just so much fun. I hope this gives you some inspiration to try these shakers and take a look over at Clear Scraps Shop for more fun Shakers. Thanks again for joining me, take care I'll talk with you soon.

Happy Crafting Everyone, 





No comments:

Post a Comment