Followers

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Vintage Father's Day Card

 Hi all, 

Today I am sharing a Father's Day Card I created using two kits from Tres Jolie the Scrapbooking Kit and the Card Making Kit. I am just loving the large card size and using the Vintage Man Collection from 3 Quarter Designs. I created this card for the Anything Goes Masculine Challenge we have going on right now. Anyone is welcome to join and you don't have to be a kit club member but if you have any Tres Jolie items please use at least 1 item but it's not necessary to join in the fun. 

So here is the Father's Day card I created, I also have a process video for you to view as well. 





To start the card, I inked the embossed wood kraft cardstock from the cardmaking kit using Distressed Oxid Vintage Photo ink. I just took the ink and brushed the ink pad along the embossed side.


 After inking the embossed wood kraft cardstock I cut to 7 3/4 x 5 3/8 inches.


The pattern paper is cut at 8 1/8 x 5 5/8 inches


After cutting the mats I inked the edges with (midnight) black ink 
from Catherine Pooler

First, I adhered down the pattern paper mat and then Kraft cardstock on top. 

 The next item I placed down is the black chipboard piece that comes in the scrapbooking kit. I placed the chipboard piece at the bottom edge of the kraft paper. I also added a Tim Holtz vintage brad to the center of the gear. 


 The next item I placed down is the black chipboard piece that comes in the scrapbooking kit. I placed the chipboard piece at the bottom edge of the kraft paper. I also added a Tim Holtz vintage brad to the center of the gear. 


After this I set the words aside to place on later. 
Next, I cut out one of the small journal cards and started getting some of the 
laser cut ephemera pieces together. 

Next, I wanted to create a tag out of this 12x12 paper that was in the Vintage Man Collection. I really liked this piece with the man's face and so I cut this to
measurement of 3x4 7/8 inches. 



I decided to add some black twine from my stash on the tag. 
The twine is wrapped around about 3 times and tied in a knot. 

Next, I just started placing my laser cut ephemera pieces around the card. I also
added some black flat back dots I had in my stash. Once I had everything
in place I adhered it down. I added foam strips to the back of the sentence that is placed on 
the bottom. There is also foam tape on the back of the hot air balloon, playing cards, 
dog and blue flower. 


I just love how this card turned out. I hope you enjoyed the process, and you gained some inspiration from this Father's Day card. Thanks so much for joining me today. 

Please check out the Tres Jolie Shop, Blog, and Facebook Page. 

Also don't forget it's our 5-year anniversary and we have lots of fun things happening throughout the month of June. 



We have a new mood board challenge for the month. Here are the rules. 
*You can create any type of project for the challenge. 
*You MUST say what you were inspired by. 
*You MUST include the twist in your design. 
*We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 of Tres Jolie’s products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
It MUST be a new project.
Here's our Monthly Mood Board
You can find the MoodBoard on our blog. Tres Jolie blog: https://tresjoliekits.com/blog/ The twist for this month is: VINTAGE STEAMPUNK Place your entries in the June 2023 challenge folder on Tres Jolie Kit Club Cafe Facebook page. This challenge ends on June 30th 2023 at 11:59 pm CST. All entries must be in this folder to be eligible for the prize (to have everyone eligible to win, we are limited the same winner to once every 3 months).




No comments:

Post a Comment