Followers

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Hello. Card Inspired by a Book

Good Morning, 

Have you ever been inspired by a book? maybe a children's book you read when you were growing up or maybe a good book recently as an adult. Well today over at International Art and Soul the new challenge is create a card or project using a book that inspired you
For me this was a challenge but I think I did okay coming up with a card that was inspired by a book I read when I was child. (lol)  This definitely brought back some great memories.  I have also read this book to my daughters when they were growing up and to my granddaughters. 
If you like children's book you gotta take a look at this one, it's a wonderful book. 

Below is my card, I hope you like it. This stamp is a digital stamp I used from Stamp On It and I colored with my copics, and distress markers. I also did some paper piecing on his little night cap and book I used distress ink around him and hoping to bring light around him from the candle. I've never done this before. lol It was fun just getting to sit and play with my inks again. I hope you enjoy my take on the card I created from the book.

.



I also am creating this card based on a sketch for a challenge group below is the sketch.


Challenges entered:

Thanks for stopping by and hope we get so your project that is inspired by a book.  Click the link to join this fun Intaas - Ch# 90 Inspired by a book.
Have a great day.
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, this card is so cute! I love his little nitecap and your coloring is fantastic!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chriss. lol It was fun to play around with my inks again. :D

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card and great for the challenge. Love how you colored him and put his night cap on. I had not heard of this one and now my children and grands are all grown up. I hope to have some great grands some day and will look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of this book either and as I don't have any grandchildren I don't suppose I'll ever read it. Your card is perfect and your shading round the owl does throw light from the candle around him. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute. I have never heard of the book but what great inspiration for your card. Great coloring and layout. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I LOVE the Owl, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT.

    ReplyDelete