Welcome back!
In today's scrapbooking tutorial, we're creating a matching vintage shabby-chic 2 page layout complete with soft floral patterns, delicate lace trim, and warm woodgrain borders using the 2026 August Scrapbook Kit. As always I have the video tutorial here and the step-by-step down below. Enjoy!!
To start out for both 12x12 layout pages use a 12x12 cardstock from your stash and then cut down a pattern paper 11 7/8 x11 7/8 inches. Adhere the 11 7/8 x11 7/8 inch pattern paper on to the 12x12 cardstock piece. Do this for both layout.
Next cut 3 pieces of pattern paper 3 3/4 x 11 inches and adhere them down leaving a 1/8th inch in between the strips. I then took the beautiful lace from the Scrapbook Kit and adhered it to the top and bottom of the page. I also inked the edges of the 12x12 piece and the strips using Walnut Distress ink.
Next cut out your photo mats - Cut 3 @ 4 1/4 x 61/4 inches, then cut pattern paper 4 x6 inches and adhere them on top. I laid them down staggered.
Here is the finished layout with embellishments from the August Scrapbook Kit. I also painted and colored the little chipboard jar with flowers piece down in the right hand corner and added a journal card for dates and other info below if needed.
To begin the 2nd layout you'll follow the same measurements we did for the first layout. Use a 12x12 cardstock from your stash and then cut down a pattern paper 11 7/8 x11 7/8 inches.
Adhere the 11 7/8 x11 7/8 inch pattern paper on to the 12x12 cardstock piece and ink the edges.
Then cut a piece of pattern paper at 10 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches; adhere down on top of the wooden plank pattern paper.
Next cut 1 piece of cardstock @8 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches, ink edges; cut 1 pattern paper @ 8 x 8 inches adhere down onto the cardstock, inking edges. Then adhere the piece down in a diamond shape as shown below.
Add in the photo mats, cut 1 at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches, pattern paper at 4 x6; cut 2 @ 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches, then cut 2 pattern paper pieces @ 4x4 inches. Adhere the pieces down as shown below.
Here is the finished layout showing the embellishments I used. I used the chipboard fence that is inked with Walnut Stain Distressed Ink. I fussy cut out some the flowers ad the heart. I also used the sentiments from the Card Kit sticker pack and cut flags to add a little color.
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial, whether you're scrapbooking wedding memories, family moments, or everyday highlights, these layouts show you how to layer patterned papers, mats and die-cuts for maximum visual texture without overcrowding your photos.
For more details on this and all project you can always view the video tutorial process, which is at the top of the page.
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store.
Until next time, keep curating those beautiful memories. ~Deb
Please stop by our Facebook page to see what new items our design team has created using our monthly kits.
You can always post your projects on Tres Jolie FB page - Tres Jolie Club Cafe.







No comments:
Post a Comment