Followers

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Vintage Cards using Mixed Media Kit

 Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a great day. Today I am sharing a few cards I created using both the June Mixed Media Kit along with the Card, Tag and More Kit. Using both of these kits together creates some really fun and amazing cards that give you a WOW factor using some fun techniques. I hope you enjoy todays step by step tutorial below and I have a video tutorial for you as well. 



              Mixed Media Kit                                                        Card, Tag and More Kit

        

Card 1

All 3 cards for this tutorial will be cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches fold in half. Use the white 12x12 card stock from the card kit. For this first card I used the embossing folder from the Card Kit. Then I added clear gesso on top of the card and dried with my heat tool. 


Next I took the violet acrylic paint from the Mixed Media Kit and added it on the card stock. I did spritz it with a little bit of water to get a lighter purple. I then dried with my heat tool which allowed the paint to move around the card. I added the Versa Magic pink grapefruit from the card kit and used it around the purple and blended it in. 

I took the beautiful chipboard piece from the card kit and inked with the pink grapefruit and embossed it with clear embossing powder. 
I also had fussy cut out some images from the paper collection to place on the card, adding foam tape to the back to give a little lift . 

So after adhering down the flowers and frame I fussy cut from the paper collection I adhered down the wooden lady silhouette on top of the frame. I adhered down the chipboard piece that was embossed and added the little purple flowers. I think this card turned out pretty nice. 


Card 2

For card 2 I used a piece of pattern paper measuring 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches mixed the Ochre acrylic paint with the modeling paste and spread it over the paper using the  Finnabair stencil from the Mixed Media Kit. 

I dried the paste with the heat tool and cut down the pattern paper to fit my A2 size card. 


This card I fussing cut out some flowers and the image of this beautiful lady. I then added the sentiment "Birthday Cheers" from last months Scrapbook Kit. I'm loving how simple this card was to create and it looks so elegant. 


Card 3

Here is a standard A2 size card. Fold the front panel in half. 


Next I cut all my pattern paper panels and distressed the edges and inked them with the Versa Magic pink grapefruit ink. 


For this card you will cut 2 panels measuring 3 1/2 x 5 inches. One panel is for the inside to use for your sentiments and the second one will be adhered to the half folded panel. Your pattern paper measures 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 this will adhere to the white panel, as shown below. 


Here is the finished card. I stamped a "Thinking of You" stamp and adhered it down and adhered down the vase and some flowers along with the silhouette inked in the pink grapefruit. I like how this card turned out as well. I know the little wooden silhouette looks orange but it it really does match the pink paper. 



I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. I had a great time using the June 2024 Mixed Media Kit  , June 2024 Card, Tag, and More Kit to create the beautiful vintage cards. Using some fun techniques on these cards and decorating them was just fantastic. I hope you enjoyed it and got some great inspiration.
Thanks again for joining me, I have all the links listed for you throughout the post so just click on the words and you will be taken directly to the store. 

Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment