Followers

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Valentine Shaker Cookie Jar Box

 Happy February everyone, 

Debbie here with another fun project using the Mini Shaker Cookie Jar from Clear Scraps. This is so cute, perfect for any type of project. 

Below I have a step by step tutorial for you. Behind the Cookie Jar I have a tag that you can pull out and place a sentiment on it. I wanted to place cookies inside but I ended up putting in some chocolate candy, but you can place anything inside this box. I do want to mention I cased the boxed from our Guest Designer Tiffany McGill. I just love how she created this easy box. Here is what our project looks like all finished. 


Let's get started. Below is are the items we will use for this cute Valentine Shaker Cookie Jar Box.



Below are the pieces of the Cookie Jar Shaker. Before I adhered together I took the back piece which is the full cookie jar piece and traced it onto pattern paper and cut out. 


Next I painted the Shaker Cookie Jar pink. I also colored the top little knob of the jar with a silver marker. 

I traced the top portion of the cookie jar and cut out to fit around the top part and adhered down. 

Remove both sides of the film coating from the acetate and adhered to the back of the frame you painted or will be using for the front of your shaker. 


You should now have two frames left, adhere them both together and then adhere them to the frame you will be using for the top portion of your shaker. 


Next add in your candy shaker bit from Clear Scraps along with any other shaker bits you have in your stash. 

Next place your glue around the frame of the cookie jar and place down over the shaker bits adhering the cookie jar together. 

 
To create the box you will need 2 sheets pf 8 1/2 x 11 pieces of cardstock. 
Cut them both down to 8 3/4 x 8 Score 1 1/2 inches on all 4 sides.
I'd like to give a shout out to Tiffany McGill who is our Guest Designer this month as this box is one she created. I really liked it as it was large enough to place the Mini Shaker Cookie Jar on top. 


After scoring both pieces of card stock cut the score lines as shown below. Once you cut the card stock now you have tabs put only one sheet together to form your box. 


The second piece of cardstock you will only cut one side of the tabs off, so you are only left with a long tab, as shown below. 


On the long flap place your adhesive on the inside of the flap, as shown below. 


Next place the flap to outside of the other box. Now you have a top and bottom and it will close perfectly. You can decorate this box now. 


For the top of my box I wanted to place a tag behind the cookie jar so I added two pieces of foam tape on left and right side of the cookie jar and a little bit on long the bottom. (see photo below) This will allow a small tag to slide in and out. 


I filled in the left and rights sides with remaining foam tape.  Next you can adhere your shaker to the top of your box. 


For the sides of box I added a few hearts using the 6' Heart Arrow Stencil using Festive Berries Distress Ink. 


Here is what the stencil pattern looked like on the side of my box. 


Here is the tag you can slide behind the Shaker Cookie Jar. The tag measures 2x3 1/2 inches. 

Here is a photo of me placing the tag behind the Shaker Cookie Jar. 


Photo of the finished Valentine Shaker Cookie Jar Box. 


Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you found inspiration from today's step by step tutorial. I have the links within the today's blog and down here on the bottom. 
Wishing you all a great day and Happy Crafting. 



Mini Shaker Cookie Jar
https://www.clearscraps.com/product_p/cscshcookiejar.htm


6' Heart Arrow Stencil
https://www.clearscraps.com/product_p/cssmhrtarrow6.htm

Sprinkles Candy Shaker embellishments
https://www.clearscraps.com/product_p/cschcandymix.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment