Followers

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Life is Beautiful Junk Journal for Tres Jolie

 Hi everyone,

I'm back with a new project for Tres Jolie using the January 2024 Cardmaking Kit.  I hope you all had a great holiday season with your family and friends. 

Today I am sharing with you a beautiful Junk Journal I created using this Cardmaking Kit.  This journal has tons of great techniques and ideas on how to decorate and use this Cardmaking Kit to the fullest. I am so happy with the way it turned out. I hope you all like it too. 


This junk journal comes together really easy and as I said we use everything within the kit, except for the butterflies we will use them on another project. Let get started with this step by step tutorial below. 

Here are the supplies we used, which is everything from the anuary 2024 Cardmaking Kit. I did add a few of my own things from my stash. 


Beginning with the pattern papers that have a to different patterns on them side by side fold those in half. Next with the paper behind the one I'm folding below you will fold that vertically. 


Here is the pattern paper folded vertically. 

Next cut this one in half. So you should have two little booklets now. We only use one inside the journal and the other one we will use later. 


I used my distress tool on all the papers to give them all a rough edge and then I inked them with vintage photo & kitsch Flamingo distress inks. 



Next with the pattern paper that has the notebook lines on the back fold this up at 3 inches horizontally. 

Add your adhesive to the left and right side edges as I am doing below and fold up and burnish. Do not add glue to the bottom, as these are pockets.

Next put all your papers togethers on how you would like them to look for your journal. 


Next poke your holes in the crease of all the pages you have in your bundle at the same time.  I poked about 6 holes approximately 1 inch apart. 


Next get your needle and thread and start threading through the holes you just made.

Once your done threading, thread through the middle again and then tie off the thread in a knot. 


Next we score the pockets that come in the card kit. I scored mine at 1/2 inch on the left, right and bottom. After your are done scoring you will cut off the little score lines that intersect, these are on the bottom of each pocket. 


Next fold down the tabs and decorate your pockets. 


Here are a couple of the pockets I decorated using the pattern paper that had 4 cut a parts on the page. I then adhered lace down from my stash on the light green one and the other one I fussy cut the lace border from the cut a part sheet and adhered on the sides. 


The little milk discs I adhered on the circles that were in the kit and I inked with vintage photo. I did use the milk discs sporadically around the inside of the journal pages.


below is a photo of the pocket we created using the pattern paper that had the notebook lines on the backside. I adhered some lace down from my stash. 


Here is a photo showing how I added some of the pretty flowers from the card kit on the little booklet we added to the inside of the journal. I also added a small piece of a white flower border I had in my stash. 

So we have a tall white tag in the card kit and we are gonna use this along with the pretty rose paper I have below. First we measure approximately how much we need to tear away by holding to the tag. I then just started tearing away some of the paper on each side. 


Next I hold up to the tag again to make sure its the right size. I started gently rolling the right side corner of the pattern paper down (as shown below) until I get the curl I wanted. 


Next I glue the roll piece down, so it doesn't become unraveled. Now glue down the pattern paper down to the tag. You can add string or ribbon to the center of the hole if you'd like. 


Here is a photo of the white photo mats that I decorated. For on three tags I inked with vintage photo. The pink rose tag I tore from the 2nd little booklet we do not use in the journal, I inked around it with Kitsch Flamingo. The middle tag is from the scraps we had and I tore this one as well and only glued it down on the left side and bottom so it can be used as a tuck area for other ephemera or photos. The last tag with the small roses is papered with one of the 4 pieces from the cut a part sheet. 


Here is the finished cover of the Junk Journal. I layered the rest of the tickets and ephemera pieces I had from the kit. I used some lace from my stash for the left side. The closure is a pink ribbon wrapped around, that can slide off and on with ease. I also used the rest of the flowers for decorating the front as well one of the milk discs. I placed a fuzzy paperclip on top that is also from my stash. 


Well I hope you like today's project. It really did turn out so pretty. The best part is you can decorate your Beautiful Junk Journal however you'd like. 
This January 2024 Cardmaking Kit. is just so pretty. Just click HERE to head to the shop to grab this wonderful January 2024 Cardmaking Kit.

Thanks for joining me and Happy Crafting. 


We have a new mood board challenge for the month. Here are the rules. 
*You can create any type of project for the challenge. 
*You MUST say what you were inspired by. 
*You MUST include the twist in your design. 
*We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 of Tres Jolie’s products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
It MUST be a new project.


Here is the mood board:

The theme for this month is: BOHO CHIC

Place your entries in the January 2024 challenge folder on Tres Jolie Kit Club Cafe Facebook page. This challenge ends on January 31st 2024 at 11:59 pm CST. All entries must be in this folder to be eligible for the prize (to have everyone eligible to win, we are limited the same winner to once every 3 months).

Don’t forget to follow us on all our social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/121919621993809/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tresjoliekits/


Tres Jolie website: https://tresjoliekits.com/

Tres Jolie subscriptions: https://tresjoliekits.com/services/

Tres Jolie blog: https://tresjoliekits.com/blog/

Tres Jolie YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVBFOOKxZzsXs2tl4MMqSKg?view_as=subscriber

Tres Jolie Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tresjoliekits/


No comments:

Post a Comment