Followers

Sunday, November 10, 2019

UK Myths & Legends - International Art & Soul Challenge #71

Hey all,

So the challenge #71 themed UK Myths & Legends was a challenge but I loved it as it, it's definitely why we all participate in challenges, right??

So I went to Google, lol, I just wasn't sure what to do, I know I wanted something different. So I found a place located in Scotland that is known for inhabiting mythical Fairies, Hobbits and other little creatures in that realm.
The place I am talking about is known as Fairy Glen, Isle of Skye. This place is a fun location where you can visit and walk through the lush green acres of this land with hills, waterfalls, and ponds that are just breathtaking. From the images I've seen within the many articles I read I would believe that fairies do live here, it so peaceful and quaint. There is also a peak which is known as Castle Ewan, from the article I read it is a little bit of a rocky climb but when you reach the top you are amazed at the beautiful view that surrounds you, and you might be able to spot a fairy or two
.
Here are a few photos of the Fairy Glen, Isle of Skye, along with my artistic insight on this magical place I would love to visit one day.

Photos are from  - (Fairy Glen-Isle of Sky, Scotland; atlasobscura.com)


(Fairy Glen-Isle of Sky, Scotland; atlasobscura.com)

(Fairy Glen-Isle of Sky, Scotland; atlasobscura.com)

This photo is from The Guardian, (theguardian.com)
The Fairy Glen

Here is my project I created for this super fun challenge - Everything I used I had in my stash already. I used G45 Once Upon a Springtime Collection, Creative Embellishment chipboards I bought last year, and the flowers were in my flower bin from years past I've been accumulating. LOL

To create my fairies I first applied gesso, and then added some TH distress paints, after they dried I applied glitter and stickles around the wings to make the sparkle. I also used Stampendous Fran-tage Embossing on their lil'outfits to make them sparkly.


Challenges entered:
The fairy and the unicorn: November Challenge AG
Classic Design Design Team Open Challenge Blog: November Challenge AG
Love to Create Challenge Blog: Challenge 11, AG mixed media
613 Avenue Create: Challenge#227 - AG with twist Scrap your Stash. 

I hope you get inspired to join us for this fun challenge #71 - UK Myths and Legends at INAAS.
Thanks for stopping by and wishing y'all a great week.





6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Amazing mixed media tag!!! Love everything about it! Such wonderful dimensions and details!!! Lovely photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly amazing Debbie. Really super project. I love the way you have introduced The Fairy Glen on the Isle of Skye. I think you might well encourage people to visit. Perhaps the Scottish Tourist Board will offer you a job. I have enjoyed many good times on Skye and my husband, who was a mountaineer, used to go in the winter to climb mountains. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow totally beautiful and a amazing place!!!
    Girlfriend you better not go there without me ��
    It is a place we’re I have dreamed of going to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful your tag and the Isle of Skye. Would love to visit some time in my life. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos and you have really captured the magic of the place with your gorgeous tag! Very inspiring! Jane S xxx - Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous! Scotland and the Isle of Sky are on my bucket list. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete