Followers

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Sailing Away

Hey Y'all, 

Okay so my last post stated I made two card with the Authentique Explore paper collection I received from Tamra's shop CountryCraftCreations.

To begin I used one sheet of the 12x12 cut in half to make these two cards, this will be the base of your card. I might have cute them a little short after I folded them. 

Second card - 
So after cutting the 12x12 sheet I wanted to add some color to the background and used the BoBunny Bronze spray mist. Now I have to warn you, when I sprayed it, it looked black and dark splotches and I thought "OH NOOOO"!!! But then it dried and I said, "OHHHH YEAAAA!!!" lol   
once it all dried I took the blue sheet of the 12x12 cut it and distressed it with my scissors and inked it up, placed my brads and adhered it sideways. 
I then took a 3x4 Pocket card sprayed with a little water, crumpled it up to a tiny little ball. Unfolded and blew dry just a little and added my ink around it, distressed the edges a little, and adhered. I added that "Gorgeous" seambinding from Tamra's shop, which added a perfect accent to the card. :D  A little stamp in the corner from the sticker sheet. (love the sticker sheet)  and finished. 
 

For the inside of the card I used one of the 3x4 Pocket Crafting cards. Stamped Happy Father's Day and adhered. I think using the Pocket cards is a great way to attached your sentiment to the card. Plus no cutting. :D 

Supplies
Paper  - CountryCraftCreations - Authentique Explore
Stamps - Father's Day (from my stash)
Inks - BoBunny - Bronze Glimmer Spray; TH - tea dye; 
Accessories - CountryCraftCreations - seambinding; brads

I am entering the following challenges
Craft Rocket Challenges: Challenge #17 For a Man/Boy
Calendar Girls Crafty Challenges: Challenge #1 - Father's Day
Simon Says: Father's Day/For A Guy - Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS #61 - V is for Vroom
Craft for the Craic: June Challenge
Southern Ridge Trading Company: Anything Masculine
Scrap-Creations: Going Grey with Scrap Creations Challenge: Father's Day/Masculine card
InkyChicks: Challenge #68 Father's Day/Male Card

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you stop by and take a looksie at CountryCraftCreations and join us for some fun on the FB pg Scrapbookers of CountryCraftCreations we will be having a special event in a few weeks and you don't want to miss out on winning some prizes.
Hugs, 
Deborah xxx

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous card and so unique! Love the postcard for the sentiment, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different take on a Father's Day card, and I really like it! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The postcard looks amazing! I am going to have to try crumbling up my paper cause I love that look! Your layers are very nice too! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this card!! I especially love sailboats as it reminds me of when my father would take is sailing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love boaty cards. This is great. Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Calendar Girls Crafty Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, sprays and watercolours, always good to let them dry before you decide if you like them or not! I agree, great effect here. Thanks for joining us - again! - at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, inside & out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a detailed card, I love your style! Thanks so much for playing with the Sisterhood again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely postcard card TFS Craft Rocket Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also on this card: I Love your patterned paper. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the texture and colours on your card Deborah! Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is a fabulous card, thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the V is for Vroom challenge

    ReplyDelete