Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Romantic Garden

Hi all,

Here is the second post for today. I know it doesn't happen very often. lol

I had entered into a swap at Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance and we were to make canvases, But I couldn't post until I knew my partner had received it. For this I used many items the canvas is 8x10 and I painted it with black colored gesso.

Of course I couldn't help but use the TH technique again. I just love this technique it is so addicting and you can use it on just about anything. So I am entering this this into the TH 12 Tags of 2016 - February.

Here is my canvas, you know it's only the third one I've made.
Supplies:
Canvas - from JoAnn's Craft store
Ranger - Texture Paste; Liquid Platinum embossing powder;
Tim Holtz - Stampers Anonymous - Urban Grunge & Flights of Fancy; Idea-ology - brads, Adornments - nature;
Prima - cradle robin (nests); "lovely" sentiment is from a Prima wooden set (can't find the name)
Reneabouquets - Garden Gate Metal Key (you can also find a few of the other items used at Reneabouquets)
BoBunny Juliet Collection -  NoteWorthy - bird and flower paper, the sentiment "My Romantic Garden", flower brad, and clock. (Scrap of Darkness & Scrap of Elegance July Kit 2015)
From Stash - Hampton Art pigment ink - silver; Encore pigment ink - copper; Viva - Rusty Paper; Doilies - heart and circle; metal corner piece (I think momento); Roses from stash (bought at a destash); Chipboard - BlueFern (chipboard from ScrapOfDarkness&ScrapOfElegance Store); Gold lock from stash. I used E6000 adhesive, Art Glitter adhesive.

Started with a white canvas painted with 2 coats of black gesso.
Used the silver ink stamped TH script stamp various areas around the canvas.
Then used my stencil and paste covered it, sprinkled Liquid Platinum over
the top of the paste let dry for about 15 -20 minutes. After dry used heat gun to 
obtain the raised effect. 
I then glued down the lrg paper, the nest and metal
under the nest so it looked cradled. 
For the Chipboard I painted Rusty Paper on it and then wiped off and inked
some copper ink with a touch of black ink around them. 
Adhered my words to Film Strips and popped up with pop dots. 
After I adhered everything down securely I went back over the canvas 
using the embossing technique again along the sides of the canvas and 
along the frame. 

Entering in the following Challenges: TH 12 Tags of 2016 - February


Well I hope you like it. I thought it turned out pretty close to what I envisioned and my partner said she liked it. 
I think it's great that Tim creates these tutorials every month of every year showing how to use all of wonderful inks, pastes, stencils and items. It allows us to use our own talent or ideas to create something different and unique. I am looking forward to learning more techniques this year with TH 12 Tags of 2016. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired in to try this fun technique. 

Hugs, 
Deborah xxx

6 comments:

  1. This canvas is gorgeous. Every technique that you used was done with perfection - love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true masterpiece, Deborah, really AMAZING!!! Fabulous effects and anywhere there is a joy for the eyes! You are so talented, my friend! Love, love any detail of your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh lovely canvas Deborah! Reminds me of The Secret Garden (movie / book), one of my favourites! Thanks for sharing and for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for "M is for Mixed Media"

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous canvas, love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the M is for Mixed Media challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful collage! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful elements! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid X

    ReplyDelete