Followers

Monday, March 18, 2024

Spring has Sprung Slimline Window Card and Butterfly Tag

 Good Morning Everyone, 

Are you ready for Spring yet? I am so ready for Spring. I love everything about Spring, especially seeing the flowers blooming and butterflies fluttering around. Today I have two beautiful projects that you can create using the Clear Scraps Fancy Window Chipboard Embellishment and the Fancy Butterflies Chipboard Embellishment

Here are the chipboard pieces we will be using. I did use some paper flowers from my stash, ribbons and design papers. 


     

Project #1 - Spring Window Card

First thing I did was paint the Fancy Window Chipboard piece white. 


Next I used a sponge and a gray ink pad to add a little bit of ink streaking it downward to give a whitewashed worn look. 


Next I added some foam tape to the back edges of the window. 



I decided to create a slimline card so I cut my case card and the mats. 
Base is 8cx 8 3/4 inches scored at 4 inches. The mats are all cut at 3 3/4 x 8 1/2 inches. I did use my scalloped edge slimline die for the top mat of my card.


Next I added a scene to the back of the window and adhered down on top of the card. 


I started adding my flowers around the window. 


Here is finished Spring Window card. I added a sentiment and fussy cut out a butterfly. 
I just love how this card came out. it's so full of Spring goodness with the window scenery. 


Project #2 - Spring Butterfly Tag

To begin the Spring Butterfly Tag I painted the Fancy Butterfly Chipboard pieces with white paint. 


Next I pulled out my gelatos and colored them. I used yellow, pink, lavender, blue and some other colors to coordinate with the colors of my pattern paper. 


In order to get a smooth and blended look on the chipboard butterflies simply take a sponge or a paper towel and smooth out in small circles and you can blend the colors together.


Next I cut out my tag and did some fussy cutting. Adhered on the sentiment with some foam tape behind it, as well as the flowers and paper butterfly. 


I adhered my chipboard butterflies and added some ribbon on the top of the tag. I also added a few little flat back pearls to around the tag. 


Thank you all for joining me today. I hope this gave you some spring inspiration and how you can use these Fancy Butterflies chipboard pieces along with the Fancy Window Chipboard piece on your upcoming projects. I have the links throughout this blog post for you, simply click on the product name and you will be taken right over to the store. 
Have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment