Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Our Happy Hive Home Decor

 Hi everyone, 

It's Debbie here with another fun project using Clear Scraps products. Today's project is going to be a fun wall hanging for spring. You can even place this DIY Wooden Bee Hive on a wreath, there are so many ways to use this cute Bee Hive Shape. I also combined this cute little Chipboard Gnome with this Bee Hive, he turned out so cute. Let's get started. 



Here are the supplies you will need for today's project. 

Chipboard Gnome                                 DIY Wooden Shape - Bee Hive

     



To get started you will trace the bee hive shape onto a pattern paper or card stock. 
Place the cut out on top of the wooden bee hive do not adhere down yet. 

Once you lay the paper on top of the Wooden Bee Hive find the lines in the wood, get a bone folder or scoring tool to create score lines on the paper. Score the top line, second line and the doorway line. 


Once you are done scoring your paper cut along the score lines. 


Here is what your papers will look like once you cut them a part. 


Next ink the the wooden shiplap areas. I used ground espresso ink


Adhere the bottom piece first and then adhere the middle, then the top piece to the Wooden Bee Hive


Once you adhere your pieces to the wood turn over and cut away any excess paper that are over the edges. 


Here is what your Bee Hive should look like once you have adhered your pieces one. I then inked the edges around the entire Wooden Bee Hive with ground espresso ink. 


Next we are going to start on this cute Chipboard Gnome. For his little hat I tranced it on a pattern piece of paper, cut it out and adhere down. 
For the beard I used a piece of car waxing clothe from the Dollar Tree. I thought this would give him a great little beard. 


Add some glue behind the beard and set it down on top of the clothe and then cut around it. 


After I cut around the clothe I added some white flower soft on to the chipboard beard. 


For the little nose I used my scoring tool and traced around the the nose to get the dimension I needed so I could color the nose and cut it out to correct size. As you can see off to the right side I did draw a nose a few times but the nose was too small. 


After you color in the nose and cut out adhere the nose down. 


Next I decorated the chipboard gnome hat with a little flower and honey bee. 


Here is the finished DIY Wooden Bee Hive. I decoration it with some flowers from my stash along with the some of the stickers from the paper collection and adhered the little Chipboard Gnome down on bottom left hand side.  I think this turned out so cute. 


I create hole on the top portion of the Bee Hive so I could hang this on my door.


I hope you enjoyed today's step by step tutorial. I had so much fun created this Wooden Bee Hive and it was so fast and easy to create. I have the links above and below for you and links throughout the post just click on the name of the product and you will head over to the Clear Scraps Shop. 

Wishing you a great day & Happy Crafting


Chipboard Gnome                                                           DIY Wooden Shape - Bee Hive

                             


No comments:

Post a Comment