Followers

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tim Holtz - March - 12 Tags of 2015

Hi all,

Some of you know that I am doing the 12 Tags of 2015 with Tim Holtz Blog. I decided to do this so I can learn new tip and tricks and new techniques using all of the fantastic TH/Ranger products I own. So each month you create a tag with instructions from Tim on how to achieve the same tag or a tag using the same technique that he has created with TH products, all year long.

So my tag did not quit turn out like I wanted, it's actually kind of plain but I did use the techniques he instructed on the blog for the March 2015 Tag. I wanted to give a different look to the tag and used a colored embossing powder with the Rays stencil (love that stencil) especially with Easter upon us, I wanted some bright color in it.

Well here it is:  Since I didn't have the products he used with his tag, I used what I had on hand.

First I applied inks broken china, seedless preserve, evergreen bough, spun sugar, spiced marmalade on top of the tissue tape. Tissue tape used was butterflies and dictionary words.

I used the #3 to symbolize March with the little March calendar popped up next it from the ephemera package.

Used a metal rose painted with spun sugar and a metal tag with twine.

The stamp is the Tim Holtz - French Flight it comes with the die cuts by sizzix.  Used the butterfly stamp and embossed with black embossing powder. I cut out a mask to place over the stamp image to apply the texture paste. (as Tim did in the tutorial on the blog)

The stencil I used is Rays along with the texture paste, applied cayenne embossing powder on top of the texture paste then used the heat gun to achieve the technique Tim used on his tag. (Tim used a gold embossing powder with his texture paste)


Well entering my March 2015 Tag into the challenge. 

If you get a chance to go by Tim's blog you should definitely stop by there is so much Inspiration, I am not even kidding. I love looking at all the tags that people do so many creative and talented people there. :D

Thanks for visiting. Hugs ~ Deborah 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulus mixed media tag! You rock, Deborah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what you call plain!?! Are you crazy?! It is so absolutely gorgeous. The multicolored rays make the whole design POP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not plain at all there Debbie! What! Nope, not at all. The rays make everything pop! Wonderful take on the Tim Tag! And your colors really do POP! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete