Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Tooth Fairy that Twinkles

Hi all,

Today I get to share a special gift I made for a special someone, my granddaughter. Although she hasn't lost any teeth yet, actually she's still getting her teeth in. lol   I got an early start on her little Tooth Fairy Box. This little box uses a stamp from Crafty Sentiments Designs Shop "Twinkle Fairy", she is just cute. Love this stamp, as I was using her idea's kept popping up in my head on how to use her. She is so versatile, you can use for cards, scrapbook pages and other crafting projects.

My Tooth Fairy box is on the Inspirational Blog so please stop by and leave a comment for me. I would really appreciate it. :D  If you want to see this stamp or go to the Inspirational Blog just click on the names the links will take you directly to the pages you want to see.

Well won't delay any longer, here is my box... I will list instructions on top of the each photo.

***Colored my images with copics and cut out image with Spellbinders die. 
The box I used is a wooden box from Michaels. I painted white then sprayed with 
Prima Marketing Color Bloom sprays and once dried went over it with a little
Distress ink faded jeans (not heavily).  
The stars are made with the TH Stars stencil and I textures paste mixed with
Distress Mustard Seed paint (mixed) and then apply. It dries pretty fast. After it 
dried I applied Stickles to the Stars. I drew some tooth images and 
printed out, then applied stickles around them. Used Wink of Stella Clear on her 
wings and outfit. 

***I placed some sparkles in her hair and around her***
To get the night sky I colored the stars yellow then heat embossed with clear 
embossing powder and then when over with my distress inks. 
The clear embossing prevents the ink from coloring the stars. 
To get my night sky I used TH Distress inks - chipped sapphire, 
broken china & a little seedless preserves. 

Applied lace around the box. 

***The box comes in two pieces. I adhered two hinges in the back so it becomes
one piece. I placed a little pillow inside for the tooth and I wrote a little
saying applied to the inside lid with pink string pearls, another tooth with
sparkles. I went around the saying with Distress Ink,

***Would like to give a special Thank You to Jennifer McGuire who shared her idea on how to 
make a Night Sky. Clink the link below her name if you would like see how she did hers. :D
Thank you Jennifer 

Supplies:
Inks: TH Distress Inks/Paints - mustard seed paint; Ink - faded jeans, chipped sapphire, broken china and victorian velvet; Prima Marketing Color Blooms Spray - cotton candy, tea stain; Copics
Paper: Neenha paper
Accessories: Wooden box, hinges, Stickles - mercury glass; string of flat pink pearls;pink organza, Poly fiberfill for the little pillow; Spellbinders - decorative labels twenty-eight; lace & ribbons; Clear embossing powder
I made the tooth and sentiment.

Challenges entered:

Please stop by our Inspirational Blog where we have something everyday posted by my teamies to give you continuous inspiration for your crafty projects. I also invite you to take part in our Challenge Blog before Sunday night. Our Theme is "Spring Colours" if you join you could win a Voucher to the Crafty Sentiments Shop. And leave some love for my teamies, they have made some beautiful creations for our Spring Theme. :D

Wishing you a great day and Happy Crafting! :D
Deborah xxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow!!!! Your tooth fairy box is just abulous!! Thanks for the tutorial! Love it so much!! The background of the fairy is marvelous and with the image have a very beautiful contrast of colors! Love the stars on the box with paste and sparkle, the cute lace and the teeths! Really a sweet box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just adorable! so creative and so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real cute Fairy tooth box, love the colour choice to. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little gift! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us this week at Three Muses. We hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! Beats the ziploc baggie I used as a kid! Really smart! Thanks for playing at The Pink Elephant Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is gorgeous, fabulous keepsake
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious tooth box. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete