Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Vintage Beauty In Color

Good Morning All,

I have some awesome news to tell you, so excited! : D Well, remember when I was a Guest Designer for Scribble and Scrap Blog and I made the Vintage Treasure Box. Well Lexie asked me to join her team. Of course, I said yes,I was just thrilled to be asked to join her talented team. So today is my first post for Scibble and Scrap and we are on Challenge #21. You must go check it out and join in the fun we always have "Anything Goes" and there is always candy to be given away; and who doesn't want to win some great candy for their stash. : D
Don't forget to read the rules, click here for the Challenge rules, and stop by the Shop.

For my first card I chose the digi image Vintage Beauty 3, Uh, this is so beautiful I had to have it to color! Isn't she just beautiful?
 Here it is: 




The picture below shows the background before I applied my colored image. You can see the beautiful design using the Tim Holtz inks, TH stamp set Urban Grunge with the TH Honeycomb stencil.


I always wanted to join the TH Challenges, and so I am planning on joining the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of June with my tag. Tim shows how to use the new mini inks with the stencils to create a colorful background, plus use your stamp sets too. He also showed how to die your ribbon. I was like Wow, I have some of the stuff to do this. (I didn't have the butterfly stamp), so I used the TH Urban Grunge (love this set) : D I've done some tags before but never like this, and I have to tell you I had fun! 
I love the new mini's they are so great to use, easy to grip and store. : D  I am totally going back to the beginning of the 12 Tags of 2014 to create more wonderful tags. 

Supplies used:
Stamps: Scribble and Scrap Vintage Beauty 3; TH Urban Grunge using the frame, bird and script
Paper: Water color Paper; TH tags
Inks: StazOn, TH mini inks - mustard seed, peacock feathers, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry; TH lg. inks dust concord & tea dye; Copics - E000, E00, E21, RV13, G14, G05, YG06; Colored pencils - yellow, dark brown, brown used blending solution.
Accessories: From Stash - small roses and leaves; Lrg Flower from Prima - brushed with TH mini Mustard Seed to make more vibrant; stickles - crystal, liquid pearls - white; used seem binding - died with TH mini's (listed above); wooden sentiment - little yellow bicycle wood tags (brushed with TH tea dye)

I hope you can stop over to Scribble and Scraps to view the rest of the team projects and our Guest Designers for Challenge #21. 

Thanks for visiting today and I hope that you were inspired. 
Deborah

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tag and one of my favourite images. I love the vibrant colours you've used and the embellishments. Welcome to the team, it's great to have you on board x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very attractive tag. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Deborah. Fabulous tag and such gorgeous, vibrant colours.

    Thank you for creating such a beautiful project for the challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete