Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Embossed Wooden Birdhouse

Before I get started, I wanted to say those who were impacted by the tornado in Moore, OK community you all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hi all,
If you can recall I had commented a (long) while back, (lil laugh) that I had been working on something really neat. I am not sure if anyone has ever done this but I tried it out and it was fun and turned out so cute!! I am going to make more of these, I wish I would have finished more of these for Mother's Day would have made great gifts. So with further suspense here we go.....

I took a little wooden birdhouse I picked up at Joann's sometime ago and used Tim Holtz Distressed Inks and sponges. First I dabbed on the 2 lighter colors of ink (peeled paint and wild honey) in a circular motion around the house and roof. Once I finished used a stamp set from TE "Bless your Nest", applied versa mark and stamped the image on the wood. I used clear embossing powder, then I used the dark ink TH vintage photo and sponged round the image to get it to show up, I applied the ink until I reached the desired darkness I wanted. I also went over it again with peeled paint and wild honey. For the little bird I used Quick Quotes powder puff ink Blue Hawaiian and embossed with clear powder. I stamped little red flowers on the side, but then didn't like it : ( , so I stamped and embossed leaves over them.  Well those are the instructions, if you have any questions let me know, I hope you all like it. FYI - I plan on spraying the house with a wood protector so I can hang outside.

 Front of the Birdhouse


 ****Here is a close up of the front



 
 Back of Birdhouse
 
 
 Birdhouse - Roof
 

 
 

 
Birdhouse - right side
 
 
 Birdhouse - left side
 
 
 
This project is going to a few challenge sites: Please stop by each one for further inspiration or join the challenge.
 
Can you Digi It - Challenge 36 Anything but a card
Inspire Me Fridays - #103 Anything Goes
Challenges4everybody - Challenge #20 Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door - Challenge Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps Challenges - Challenge #53 Anything but a card
 
I hope you all got inspired in some way from this post and go create something great! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Deb

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Deborah,I loved the way you have done this esp the back and the roof,hope it finds an occupant soon after you hang it out!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out so beautiful Deb, such a creative idea!!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays, thank you so much for sharing with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is tooo cool! What a super creative idea and it turned out amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope to have you play along with us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! LOVE the images and the fabulous outdoor feel of this gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this birdhouse! Fabulous idea. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is beautiful! Love all the beautiful details on your birdhouse. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cool project! I love the pretty designs all over it.

    Thank you for playing with us at CYDI?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! Wonderful job...I'm sure the birdies will love it! Thanks so much for playing along at Can You Digi It? this week!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so adorable and embossing the design seems like a good option. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete