Followers

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Christmas Recycled

Hi all,

Today is a sad sad day, today I am announcing my last post for One Stitch At A Time. I have been with the DT for 4 yrs, I think. I just want to say how much I am going to miss them and want to Thank Stitchy and Jane and my teamies for all the years of fun, support and encouragement. They definitely have pushed me to try new things and broaden into other areas of crafting/art that I would have not tried. Being on a DT for that long it's like family. You get to know each other and make friendships that are treasured for a long time. I will miss being a part of such a fabulous team.

For this New Challenge at One Stitch At A Time I created a couple of Christmas items, a card and matchbox gift box. The New One Stitch At A Time Challenge theme - Anything Goes with Recycling. 

For this card I used PBD Christmas Flakes 3. I just love the beautiful Non-Traditional colors of 
this set. So soft and pretty, yet it still has a Christmas feel to it. This paper set is digital paper but
it is just gorgeous. For the Recycling portion of the challenge I used some Prima gems 
that I had placed on a photo frame a while back. I pulled them off and then glued them down
around my beautiful Christmas bulb image. And I placed the remaining ones inside the 
the little box I created with this beautiful paper. 


Here is close up of the Christmas card I created. I used the gems I recycled from a photo frame.
I added stickels to the Christmas bulbs and Christmas trees. One of the digital papers has these
pretty little holly leaves with pink berries so I fussy cut those out and adhered them to the card.
Another design paper in this set has the words Merry Christmas which I cut out with one of my 
label dies and popped up to make it look 3D. I just love how this card turned out so pretty. 

 Here is a close of the matchbox Christmas gift box I created. For the top of the box I used
the digital paper that had Merry Christmas and the bottom of the box  I used the blue digital 
design. I created a bow from the holly paper and fussy cut out the holly and adhered in the 
middle of bow and used a pink pearl for the centers of both of the holly's.

 Here is the inside of the matchbox and I covered the bottom with another 
one of the digital papers, and along the sides I placed gems. 

Our Sponsor

Prize

Supplies:
Accessories: Prima gems; pink pearls; Stickels - gold; label die 

Challenges entered:

Thank you all for stopping I hope I inspired you to get started on making some Christmas cards and use us some items you have to recycle. Join us for this fun challenge, we love seeing what you all create. Also stop by the blog to see what items my teamies have created for this great challenge. Thank you all so much. 
Hugs and Happy Crafting, 
Deborah xxx

9 comments:

  1. Such a truly beautifully crafted card and box Deborah with the Panda Bear Paper Pack, proper eye candy as we say :) :) :) This certainly is a sad post seeing your final project with us at OSAAT, you have been a fabulous DT Angel, a real sister to us all and we can never thank you enough for you full hearted contribution to the team. I know this is not really a true good-bye and you never know, there might just come a time when your life becomes quiet again that you want a DT to be on so fingers crossed we will be at the top of your list to get in touch with :) :) :) See you around in blogland my lovely and the biggest hugs ever :) xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your last show as DT, but it seems that it's a your choice, so it's less sad :) Hope that all it's ok for you!
    Surely you have been a super talented DT Angel and have found a lot of good friends... and enjoyed your "work"! :D
    Fabulous couple of projects today for these non -traditional works, your card and matching box look wonderful!! Love your recycling, these baubles are amazing, and the supersweet paper bow is just a delight!
    Hugs my friend! I wish you lovely days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty project. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations.
    Thank you for joining in our 'Let's get ready for Christmas' theme at Allsorts challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely Christmas project…
    Please join us again next time. Good luck!
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 305 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creations :)

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon :)

    DT Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete