Followers

Friday, February 14, 2014

Framing Love for Valentine's Day

Hi all,

I hope you all have a love Valentine's Day. I know I haven't posted much this last week, I just haven't been able to get to my crafting table. However I did manage to stay up late one night and do something I've been dreaming about these last few months. It all started with a friend of mine, she sells SU and she makes these beautiful frames with punches and stamps by SU. I've been wanting to go to one of these little meetings but haven't been able to make it over. So she sent me a picture and I got inspired from there, of course I put my own spin on it (like we crafters do). :D
Gotta make it your own, right?
Well when I finished it I was like, Wow, I made that. (hehehehee) Have you ever said that to yourself about your own work. (just an awesome feeling to be proud of what you make)
I used a couple of stamps, but not much, mostly I used stickers and odds and ends I had in my stash.
I hope you all like it:



 
 


Supplies and Instructions:
Frame is a shadow box found at the Thrift Store. I just cut down the music sheet paper and placed inside. I used sticky dots to hold it down but I can pop it out to change it later for a different look.

Paper: DCWV The Primose Stack - used for the back ground paper and DCWV Citrus cardstock matstack used for the butterfly layered it for decoupage effect; Authentique collection - Lovely (item#LOV006); SU white cardstock rubbed with TH Tea dye; Recollections Red cardstock

Stamps: Craftsman-I LOVE YOU stamp in the center of main heart from Michaels (liked the beautiful letters) embossed black; SU - Smorgasborders used words All my love and SU Love Is in the Air used the Heart (with dots) embossed with red and placed brad in the middle

Ink: Momento - Love Letter used for the Heart with brad in the middle and words; Tim Holtz - Tea Dye used on the punches used from SU; Momento - Black for I LOVE YOU stamp

Punches: Recollections Heart punch I attached lace (JoAnns) in the back and wrapped it to the shape of the heart; MS sm butterfly punch used the mirrored red paper and cut out 3 butterflies and attached them together placed pearls in the middle of the butterfly; SU punches Labels bracket punch and Artisan punch. Used cuddle bug die cute stamp edging for the little picture of boy and girl top right side.

Accessories: Valentines stickers from Hallmark - Cupid w/Arrow and the silver heart and little white hearts w/ that is with the red butterfly; Lace from - JoAnn's and Live and Love; one small metal heart brad in the center of the heart (bottom right side); Charm Winged Heart is from Michaels - I colored the heart with Copic - LipStick Red R29 attached with lace from Live and Love; Live and Love little rose colored with copic - RV29; Red ribbon -LOVE- from my stash I think it's from Michaels $1 bin. Glittered XO are stickers from my stash.

Challenges Entering:
Brown Sugar - Challenge #81 Use a Die Cut or Punch
613 Avenue Create: Challenge#58 Create your Own Challenge
Challenge 4 Everybody: Challenge #38 Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Love is in the Air
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Challenge #198 Love Bug
Craftitude: Challenge #58 Anything Goes or Valentine's/Love
3 Girls Jam - February Challenge "Things I Love"
Live & Love Craft's Inspiration and Challenge Blog: Challenge #20 Love N' Lace
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Love is in the Air

If you have any questions or need extra details about what I did please email me or leave me a comment. I hope you are inspired to make one and if you do please tag me in or mention where you were inspired.
Thank you for stopping by and Have Happy Valentine's Day. :D
Stay Crafty,
Deborah
stampndeb00@yahoo.com

14 comments:

  1. What beautiful framed art!!!Thanks for shring your wonderful creation this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done ... you should be proud!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOVE YOU’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very creative and fun piece of decor!!!! Thank you for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge!!
    Diane DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece! This is so pretty…thanks so much for sharing with us at 3GirlJAM for our Love challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely frame with us this week at Make My Monday
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at LLC.
    Hugs Tracy x
    I have Candy on my blog if you get time to pop over

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great project! Lovely papers! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet idea. Love the music themed background next to those pretty hearts. Each little stack has so much detail and the ribbon sets it all off. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/Valentine's/Love Challenge this fortnight at Craftitude. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous & you're quite right to be proud of it! There's nothing wrong in falling in love with your own work! That's what makes us happy!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation! Love the framed idea! Great job and well done! Thanks for joining Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete