Followers

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Sweet Heart Wood Accordion Shaker Mini Album

 Hi crafty friends, 

It's Debbie here with you today sharing another fun Clear Scraps project. Today we are using the Hearts Wood Accordion Shaker Album. This Heart Wood Shaker Album has so many possibilities. Not only is it great for Valentine's Day Photos, but anniversary, wedding, and baby photos. 

We are gonna have some fun altering this so let's get started. 


To begin take wooden album out of package you will have an acrylic plate this will go behind the top heart frame as shown below. You will have another heart frame what will go behind the acrylic plate, glue the acrylic plate and the 2nd heart frame together. There is a wooden plank that will go behind the heart frame. (shown below in the next photo) The other pieces are the accordion wooden planks that we will be altering. 


To start off I painted my top heart frame pink. This will match the paper I will be using from my stash.


I finished painting the top frame. Below to the right you can see the acrylic plate and the other heart fame. Peel off the film from both sides of the acrylic plate and glue the acrylic and painted frame together, then glue on the 2nd heart frame to other side of the acrylic plate. The acrylic frame should be sandwiched between both heart frames. 


Next I added glue to the wooden plank that will go behind the heart frames, so I can adhere my paper down. 

I adhere my paper to wooden plank making sure the edges are even. 


After I adhered my paper on top of the wooden plank I cut any excess paper away. (see photo below) Next I added my sequins and inside the hearts and added glue around the frame.  Next you will place the cover plank piece on top of the heart frame. Be sure to press and burnish. 

Here is what mine looks like once I adhered them together. 


Once the front of the album is put together turn the over to cover the back of the wooden plank.


To cover all of the wooden planks place double back tape on (as shown below) and then you can add glue to the left and right side. 

Adhere your paper and burnish down, Do this for all the wooden planks.

Cut off any excess paper from the edges after adhering the paper to the wooden plank. 

After covering one side use a hole punch to punch holes in the paper before covering the reverse side. 

Here is how my covered plank looks like once it's covered and holes are punched. Do this for all the wooden planks. 


After I finished covering both sides of the wooden planks I tied the wooden pieces together, I used multi colored twine from my stash.


Here is how I tied them all together. This is the inside of the accordion album.

Here is the backside of the accordion album tied.

Next I started adding my photo mats and decorating each covered plank. 

I added various sizes of photo mats. I did 2 - 4x6 ; 1 - 4x4; 2 - 3x3 photo mats.

Next I added some pieces I fussy cut from the paper collection I used. This paper collection is an old one from Craftsmart named Be My Valentine. I did use some foam tape to pop up some of the items I fussy cut. I really like how this is turning out. 

I wanted to add a little a pocket to one of the wooden pages. So I took one of the cut a-parts from the collection and added foam tape on the bottom, left and right sides.


I then removed the backing off the foam tape and adhered the little pocket on top of the wooden page. 

Next I created some tags from the paper collection. They measure different sizes, the large one is 3x6 inches; middle 2 7/8 x 5 1/4 inches; small 2 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches.

This is how they look when placed inside the pocket. 

After decorating the all the pages I started on decorating the front with some flowers and a gold foil heart boarder on top and bottom of the cover. 

Here is the finished front cover.

Here is the finished cover. I really like how this turned out. and the shaker portion is so fun. 

I hope you like today's project. I know we all still in Christmas mode and some us are not thinking of Valentine's yet, but I hope this adds to your inspiration to use this  Hearts Wood Accordion Shaker Album for future weddings, baby shower gift or anniversary gift it's a really nice keepsake for photos. To go to the store to check this out just click on  Hearts Wood Accordion Shaker Album ,

Thanks for joining me, and Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment