Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Bright & Beautiful Citrus Assortment

Hey Y'all,

Today I am sharing a little birdhouse I made with the New Ribbon Club Assortment for June - Citrus colors from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  These ribbons are just stunning! Love the bright colors in this monthly assortment they are such happy colors. These ribbons are must have for any of your summer projects this year. :D

Here is my DT project  -

Here is the front of my Birdhouse.


For this project I used a wooden birdhouse I picked up from JoAnn's. 
I removed the bottom portion of the birdhouse before I painted the  wooden circle 
with Testors craft paint (Turqouise Matte, Fluorescent paints - orange and green) 
Once the bottom dried I used the Yellow Maize Taffeta Ribbon to create rosette 
on the bottom portion of the house and adhered the house to the rosette with the glue gun.

One the mid-section of the house I used this fun Sheer Citrus Dots Ribbon. Such a fun ribbon I couldn't resist using it. :D I created a little ruffle to the edge of the birdhouse. I think it turned out pretty cute. Looks like a little curtain. 

I added some vines around the house with some leaves I had in my stash and then added some Sweetheart Blossoms flowers all around with a couple birds. 
Here is the Right side 

Left side of the birdhouse. In this photo I wanted to share 
how the pretty ribbons really coordinate well with the 
Sweetheart Blossom flowers. 

Here is the backside of the birdhouse. It just looks so cute like this lil'guy 
is nesting in the flowers. 

For the top it was a bit tricky. I had snip off a bit of the top and dig into the roof so I could stick ribbons inside. Once I got the ribbons inside and made them look like they were falling around the roof I added my bow on top. I used Sheer Citrus Dots Ribbon., Maize Honeycomb Print on Satin RibbonCitrus Chervon Striped Grosgrain RibbonCrosshatch on Tangerine Satin Ribbon.

Supplies:
Accessories: Birdhouse - JoAnn store; from stash - adhesive pearls; little birds - Prima; vines and leaves
Testors Paints - Testers craft paints Fluorescent - Green & Orange with Matt Turquoise paint. 

Challenges entered:

I just love making birdhouses. They are so fun and can be a great home decor or gift for any occasion. The New Citrus Ribbon Assortment is just beautiful and so great for this summers projects. To get the supply list or list of other items used please see my Creative Designs by Deborah.

Thanks for joining me today and hope you can hop on over to Really Reasonable Ribbon Store to check these ribbons out! Super Gorgeous!

Have a great day and Stay Crafty, 
Hugs
Deborah xxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!!!!! I can just see this hanging in my miniature greenhouse! This is just lovely and I think the bright colors are wonderful. Your ribbons are gorgeous and your yellow bow is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our June challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deborah, your birdhouses are always all more spectacular then the others... Fantastic! This one with the ribbons and bright colours is a masterpiece! The rosette on the bottom looks wonderfully! Love any detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable project! LOVE the neon color usage -Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project. Thank you for joining us at Where the Heart is. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Project! Love all your embellies! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning inspiration! I haven't seen one like this before. We loved having you join us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete