Followers

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Child's Sweet Dreams

Good Day All,

First I would like to apologize for this post being a little late. I have been under the weather the last couple of days and nothing seems to be helping.
Today Crafty Sentiments starts a new Challenge - Photo Inspiration.

Today I want to share a very special something I made for my niece, her birthday is coming up soon and she loves bright colors. Of course, after I made this one, I am going to make a few more for a craft fair I am doing and for my other niece's. The image I used comes from Crafty Sentiments named "Sweet Dreams". You can purchase "Sweet Dreams" image from the Crafty Sentiments Designs Shop, plus look at some of latest images and our latest CD's. :D

Here it is:









Here is the project illuminated. 




Supplies:
Used a glass square candle holder approx. 3 1/2 inches tall. I printed the image and my sentiment on vellum from my printer. Used my copics to color her in (you can use whatever colors you want or even colored pencils). Used Powder Puff Lemonade to ink around the image and sentiments. Used Glossy Accents to adhere the vellum to the glass. Used Prima flowers added gems to the flowers and around the sentiment, and adhered with glue dots. 
Paper - Vellum
Stamp - Crafty Sentiments Stamp - Sweet Dreams
Ink - Powder Puff - Lemonade; Copics - Used on ImageRV13 (eyes&lips); E29, E57 (hair); E 53, E11 (skin); C-5 (lace-bottom of gown); V06, V09 (for Gown) & Used on Flowers - YG63, Y15, Y 38, YR68, V06
Accessories - Spellbinders: Scallop to cut out the image (used second largest size); Spellbinders - Labels 8 to the sentiment (the third size down). Glossy Accents; Prima - colored flowers; From stash: all gems used on my project.


***Very important - when you are done coloring your image and inking around both sentiment and image let dry for 3 minutes turn over so the inked & colored images are going to be adhered to the glass. This gives the soft look to the images when candle is lit. DO NOT use a taller candle as paper may catch on fire. Use a small tea lite or LED candle for light.

Found the sentiment on  http://home.pcisys.net/~tbc/bedpryr.htm   from this site it has many different variations of this prayer. 


Challenges entering:
Use Your Stuff: Challenge #137 - Bling
The Pink Elephant Challenge: TPE 252 Anything Goes
Stamp and Create Challenges: May Challenge - Spring Colors
My Craft Creations: New Challenge 26/5 - 7/6/14
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog: LTSCB #30 Anything Goes
The Paper Makeup Stamps: Digi Makeover Challenge #142 - Flowers
Crafty From The Heart: Challenge #20 Anything Goes

Thank you for joining me today and hope you get to join Crafty Sentiments super fun photo inspirational challenge. (love those colors so beautifully bright) Please read our challenge rules and Remember that if you use a Crafty Sentiments image or if you a follower of the Inspirational Blog you get 3 entries, just put #3 after your  name in the linky. If you do both you get 6 entries, just put #6 after your name. See you all there. :D
Thank you stopping by and Stay Crafty.  :D
Hugs,
Deborah 

9 comments:

  1. Beautifully done candle holder. Love the flowers and the bling. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I love reading your explanation how you made this lovely candle glass...she is really a lovely Image and I love how you print the image on the vellum and colored the Image and all the velum after that...great idea and sweet gift for a woman...wonderful project..

    I am joining the challenge because I love the color challenge this time (so bright and happy colors)...if you maybe have time my card is #3 on the Linky Party :) hope you would like to hop to my blog and would be glad if you could leave me some love too..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to use the digital stamp! Really cute! Thank you for sharing your project and joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creative idea - thanks for sharing how you made it too.
    Did you see that Craft Hoarders has a glass challenge at the moment - I think your project would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deborah - I thought I would pop over after seeing your great comments on my 'Harbour' card, you really are so kind. I am so glad I popped over because I have just seen this gorgeous little votive holder. I really is beautiful without the light but when the candle is lit, it just brings out another dimension. I love it.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx (OSAAT teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH Deborah, your niece is going to love this!! What a gorgeous gift....thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. very sweet project~love the coloring:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. Love how candle brings the whole project to life.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete