Followers

Monday, July 1, 2013

Home Sweet Home - Midway All Crafts Challenge

Good Day Everyone,

Well am writing this a couple of days early because as you all know I moving this weekend.
 
I know I already did a birdhouse this last month but for some reason I am stuck on them right now.
I guess they are so versatile you can do anything with them.  For this birdhouse the idea came from a video from StampTV (Gina K. Designs).The video I saw inspired me to try something on the birdhouse, the technique is called Faux Metal Focal Image. So I tried it and it totally worked! I was so excited I grabbed some other stamps and embossed around the birdhouse, also since I am moving I made a little sign “home tweet home” thought it added a nice little something.
I have listed the instructions for you with the items I used. I hope you try it out and if you haven’t been to StampTV you should go take a look view some of the video’s and they are on Youtube as well.



Image impressed after heat embossing
 
Image after using Metallic Rub

 


Instructions:
Used gold embossing powder – did 3 layers before I stamped image (once melted make sure it is liquid like – see StampTV video); Used Copper paste to highlight the image, pat around the roof top
Pat embossing buddy on wood before using versa mark on my stamps; pressed image down (in order for the stamps to fit take the stamp off the wood block or do not use clear block); Applied embossing powder and heat; After completed embossing applied Tim Holtz ink to birdhouse and embossed images; Attached little sign with glue dots
Stamps: Flourishes Home Tweet Home - little bird and sentiment; SU Flora & Fauna (oldie but goodie) - butterfly and flowers; Recollections - leaf stamp
Inks: Tim Holtz fired brick; Inka Gold Metallic Rub made by Viva - Copper
Other Items: Birdhouse from JoAnns; Brads (antique looking), kraft paper from Coordinations, SU word window punch

Entering Challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays - 109 Anything Goes

Artistic Inspiration - 48 Anything Goes
Make It Monday Linky Party - Inspirational Creation
Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges - Anything but a Card
 
At All Crafts Challenges the DT members at have been busy preparing some awesome creations for you to view. SO stop by and take a look at some awesome creations!! Remember anytype of Non-Card project is welcome - jewelry, knitting, canvas art, or any altered items.

So get your projects started so you can win some fabulous prizes from our sponsors : D  Click here - All Crafts Challenges
 




 
Stampin' Up candy from Carole Bryson Wood

 
Once you have finished hopping go back to "All Crafts Challenges" and leave a comment

I hope you were inspired to try this or stop by the sites I listed for further inspiration. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.
Deb
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Stunning Deborah I saw it on MIM.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, Love this birdhouse. The embossing is great and looks so beautiful on the house. Good luck with your upcoming move. Thanks for joining us this month at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara - SNS Challenge Coord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. iii What a lovely bird house you made! I like the colours :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Box love the details and the beautiful rich colors. Look forward to working with you on All Crafts Challenge. Also thank you for joining us this week at Artistic. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your birdhouse is gorgeous. Love the techniques you used. So glad you shared it with us for the Anything but a Card challenge at SNS Creative Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful Deborah! Love the coppery look and the embossing in gold over is just amazing. I'd live there if I were a bird! :)
    ~Deb~
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Deborah. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh, your birdhouse is fabulous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete