Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hi all,
It's wonderful Wednesday. Thanksgiving is next week, Wow!! Can't believe Christmas and New Year's right around the corner. With that being said I decided to go looking for some goodies to make for a festive look around the house.
I found a Thanksgiving banner that was easy to make from HGTV (click here) this banner is printable and there are a few other items that I just had to share. Here is my banner below and then my little turkey's I made with the recipe available.
Recipe:
Bought ribbon and burlap from JoAnn's.
Printed out circle's from HGTV site; cut out the circle's than I measured against yellow cardstock;cut yellow cardstock 1 inch larger to frame the the circle and than I measured burlap from there 6 1/2 inches. Taped circles on the burlap; folded burlap over the ribbon, and stapled. I made the bows seperate watched video from youtube.


Turkey Recipe:
Bought little candle votives ($1) from Pier One (but you can find anywhere)
I drew my turkey and cut out from kraft paper; used Fiskars scallop Scalloped punch to make the turkey body, layered (shaped & cut as I went) when laying start from the bottom and work up used double sided tape. I sponged momento Rich Cocoa around the head of turkey. Colored eyes black and snood on bill colored ruby red (SU markers). For the Turkey feathers I used Yellow and Red silk leaves I had in my storage bin; cut the leaves in sections. Colored the leaves to have different colors of feathers -  Green and Rust (SU old olive & really rust). Glued (clear) leaves to the back of of the votive. You can fill with potpourri or candy or anything you desire; I didn't put in a candle I was scared it would catch the leaves on fire. (safety first) : )




Try making these terrific ideas. Post a comment or a link to share your wonderful creative crafts for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks so much for joining me. Happy Stamping. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment